What Do You See? A Child’s First Introduction to Art Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4
These four ebooks can be purchased on Amazon Kindle for $2.99 each….
….but, for four days, August 19-22, Volume 1 will be free on Amazon Kindle.
What Do You See? A Child’s First Introduction to Art
This curriculum is a gentle and easy introduction to art appreciation for children, ages 4-12. Our goal is to introduce children to basic concepts in learning how to look at a piece of art and evaluate it. In addition, we want to spark in the child a love for the great works of art.
The students and teacher should spend time observing the painting, and then answer the included questions. Since one of our goals is to learn to love art, we recommend that you ask the child to answer the questions orally, not with pencil and paper. We want to make the learning experience enjoyable for you and the children.
Each volume introduces only one elementary art principle.
Volume 1 — Center of Interest
Volume 2 — Primary Colors
Volume 3 — Source of Light
Volume 4 — Five Traditional Classifications for Paintings
From August 19-22, you can download your free copy of Volume 1 here.
Table of Contents for Volume 1
1. Little Red Riding Hood and Grandmother, by Harriet Backer
2. The Dog Cart, by Henriëtte Ronner-Knip
3. The Birthday Cake, by Victor Gabriel Gilbert
4. Boy with Baby Carriage, by Norman Rockwell
5. Feeding the Baby, by Axel Theophilus Helsted
6. Elsie Cassatt Holding a Big Dog, by Mary Cassatt
7. Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose, by John Singer Sargent
8. Cottage Girl with Dog and Pitcher, by Thomas Gainsborough
9. A Child’s Menagerie, by Eastman Johnson
10. Belshazzar’s Feast, by Rembrandt
You can buy Volume 2 here.
Table of Contents for Volume 2
1. Le Tour Du Monde, by André-Henri Dargelas
2. Teaching a Dog New Tricks, by John Arthur Lomax
3. The Baptism of the Eunuch, by Rembrandt
4. Arabs Crossing the Desert, by Jean-Leon Gerome
5. The Blind Girl, by John Everett Millais
6. The Good Turn, by George Hillyard Swinstead
7. The Animals Entering the Ark, by Jan Brueghel the Elder
8. The First Lesson, by Louis-Emile Adan
9. Baseball Players Practicing, by Thomas Cowperthwait Eakins
10. The Reading Lesson, by Paul Seignac
You can buy Volume 3 here.
Table of Contents for Volume 3
1. The Burning of the Houses of Parliament, by Joseph Mallord Wil-liam Turner
2. A Dinner Table at Night, by John Singer Sargent
3. Harmony, by Alexandre Cabanel
4. Keelman Heaving in Coals by Night, by Joseph Mallord William Turner
5. Protecting the School Children, by Andre Henri Dargelas
6. Saint Michael and the Dragon, by Raphael
7. In Charge of Baby, by Winslow Homer
8. A Child Peeling Potatoes, by Evert Pieters
9. Tiger on the Watch, by Jean-Leon Gerome
10. Saul and David, by Rembrandt
You can buy Volume 4 here.
Table of Contents for Volume 4
1. Mound of Butter, by Antoine Vollon French
2. Vanitas with Violin and Glass Ball, by Pieter Claesz
3. Science Is Measurement, by Henry Stacy Marks
4. True Friends, by John George Brown
5. Arctic Adventure, or A Ship in Distress off Greenland, by Abraham Hondius
6. The Poppy Field near Argenteuil, by Claude Monet
7. The Dancing Lesson, by Thomas Cowperthwait Eakins
8. Time to Wake Up, by Charles Burton Barber
9. Washington Crossing the Delaware, by George Caleb Bingham
10. Jacob Blessing the Sons of Joseph, by Rembrandt van Rijn
You can also purchase the PDF version (printable) of these ebooks here.
Thanks so much for the free copy! It looks beautiful!