Post may contain affiliate links to materials I recommend. Read my full disclosure statement.
Here’s what Tom Woods says about this curriculum.
Here are seven things that are great about this curriculum:
(1) Grades K-5 will be available for free. You have six years to try out the program without having to spend a dime.
(2) Students will learn the origins and travails of liberty in the Western world and in the United States in particular.
(3) Students will learn the economics of the Austrian School.
(4) Students can learn at their own pace. If they’re advanced and move more quickly, they can quiz out of the first two years of college and enter college as juniors.
(5) The emphasis in this program is not simply on teaching from a different point of view, or teaching material that no other school or curriculum offers, although the Ron Paul Curriculum does both of these things. But it also emphasizes oral and written communication, so that students will be able to spread and defend their ideas effectively. Students will have their own blogs, start YouTube channels, and even learn the basics of video production, website design, and Internet marketing.
(6) It’s cheap. For access to the forums, it’s $250 per year, per child. Each course is just $50. No textbooks — they’re awful, and we use pdfs and primary documents to teach students — so you’ll save hundreds of dollars that way as well.
(7) Parents who wish they’d had the chance for this kind of education can listen to the lectures their children are hearing. We’ve made them of a length that works well with the average commute.