Greg doesn’t have health insurance so we’d like to throw a little party to raise money to help with his surgeries, chemo treatments, and other medical expenses.
- Who — You are invited — open invitation to all, but RSVP necessary
- What — A pie/cake/cookie auction and barn dance fund raiser for Greg Wallace
- Where — Davis Lodge at Lake Bloomington, 25449 Davis Lodge Road, Hudson, Illinois
- When — Friday, November 7, 5-9 PM
Finger Food Supper Bar — Please bring your favorite finger food supper items and snacks to share throughout the evening. We’ll start eating at 5 PM.
Pie/Cake/Cookie/Dessert Auction at 6 — Bring your best desserts — each dessert labeled with the name of the dessert and the name of the baker. Highest bid takes the dessert.
Barn Dance from 7-9 — Patti Christianson and ?? — callers; John Lane — fiddler; Hans Bluedorn — guitar; Mike Kline — guitar; Harvey Bluedorn — guitar (maybe)
Pie Eating Contest at 8
Best Pumpkin Pie Contest — We need six pumpkin pies (labeled with the name of the baker) for this contest.
Silent Auction — You are invited to bring gift baskets which we will put up for silent auction
Raffle Items — if you have an item you’d like to donate, please let us know.
Additional events are being planned for the evening. If you have any good ideas for this fund raiser event, give us a call!
Checklist for party:
- RSVP if you will be attending. Please pass this invitation on to others.
- Bring one or more desserts for the auction, each labeled with the name of the item and name of baker. Let us know how many you will be bringing (email by November 1)
- Tell us if you would like to enter the Best Pumpkin Pie Contest or if you will be bringing gift baskets (email by November 1)
- Bring dancing shoes
- Bring plenty of your favorite finger food dishes and snacks to share
- Bring plenty of $$$ to bid on the desserts, for casting your votes in the Best Pumpkin Pie Contest, for the silent auctions, the raffles, and for the other events.
We’ll provide the paper plates, forks, napkins, cups, and drinks.
Please pass this email on to your friends and remember to RSVP by November 1.
Make checks out to Greg Wallace. All money collected will go to Greg.