Last year the Illinois homeschool community held a pie auction fund raiser for Colleen Moeller, and we had so much fun we thought we’d do it again.
Who — You are invited — open invitation to all, but RSVP necessary
What — A pie/cake/cookie auction and barn dance fund raiser for Colleen Moeller
Where — Lake Storey Pavilion, 1900 North Lake Storey Road, Galesburg, Illinois
When — Sunday, December 2, 5-9 PM
– Finger Food Supper Bar — Please bring your favorite finger food supper items and snacks to share throughout the evening. We’ll start eating at 5 PM.
– Pie/Cake/Cookie/Dessert Auction at 6 — Bring your best desserts — each dessert labeled with the name of the dessert and the name of the baker. Highest bid takes the dessert.
– Barn Dance from 7-9 — Patti Christianson — caller; John Lane — fiddler; Hans Bluedorn — guitar; Mike Kline — guitar
– Pie Eating Contest at 8.
– Best Apple Pie Contest — We need six apple pies (labeled with the name of the baker) for this contest.
– Silent Auction — You are invited to bring gift baskets (or other similar items) which we will put up for silent auction.
– Kyle Royer of Royer Knife Works is designing a knife to donate to the Pie Auction Raffle. He is calling this knife Purple Heart Fighter in honor of Colleen “who is obviously a fighter deserving of a purple heart.” Purple heart is the wood used and the style of knife is a Fighter knife which has a long blade similar to the Bowie knife. The blade will be twist pattern Damascus and he will make a sheath for it. The value would be about $800. You can buy your tickets to win this knife the day of the auction. Email me if you have something to donate for an additional raffle.
– No, there won’t be a pie throwing contest. Too messy.
Checklist for party:
– RSVP if you will be attending. Please pass this invitation on to others.
– Bring one or more desserts for the auction, each labeled with the name of the item and name of baker. Let us know how many you will be bringing (email by November 19)
– Tell us if you would like to enter the Best Apple Pie Contest or if you will be bringing gift baskets (email by November 19)
– Bring dancing shoes. 🙂
– Bring plenty of your favorite finger food dishes and snacks to share.
– Bring plenty of $$$ to bid on the desserts, for casting your votes in the Best Apple Pie Contest, for the silent auctions, the raffles, and for the other events. Make checks out to the Colleen Moeller/Moeller Family Benefit Fund (if mailed: Colleen Moeller/Moeller Family Benefit Fund, Wells Fargo Bank, 121 West First Street, Geneseo, Illinois 61254).
– We’ll provide the paper plates, forks, napkins, cups, and drinks.
Please pass this email on to your friends and remember to RSVP.
All money collected will go to the Moeller family.